In the world of addiction, relapse is common. Between 40% and 60% of individuals’ relapse within their first year of treatment, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Relapse is not a sign of failed recovery. Recovery from addiction requires a U-turn, a 180 degree change in lifestyle and behavior. Recovery doesn’t happen overnight. The Recovery Road is a long distance trip and to navigate the trip you need a map.
For a recovery road that is based on a relationship with Jesus Christ and guided by the Bible, My Recovery Road MAP Workbook and Worksheets is your guide to write your own relapse prevention plan, My Action Plan (MAP).
- Where do you begin? My Recovery Road MAP helps you:
- Understand how addiction physically affects the brain
- Realize that relapse occurs in 3 stages
- Identify unhealthy emotions and negative self-talk
- Recognize your personal triggers and cravings
- Know how to write your own MAP by capturing, recognizing, challenging, replacing unhealthy emotions, triggers and cravings with your action plan
- Incorporating Lectio Divina (prayer and meditation) along with coping strategies into your relapse prevention MAP
The Recovery Road is about Hope and hope isn’t a one-time thing, hope comes from above and it grows over time, it is a process. Romans 15:13(NLT) Paul says this about hope “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Buy It On Amazon
On The Road
We are not your typical missionaries, living in a foreign county and we are not supported by a larger governing denominational board, we are John and Bridget who have a passionate heart for those desiring to walk the recovery road. We have invested our time, our talent, and our retirement to minister to those who are “drowning in a sea of need.”
Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. Luke 14:23
We Have Been Asked to “Go” and host free concert ministry events in rural communities across Tennessee/Kentucky and provide educational resources for aftercare.
Will You Help Us Go? Any amount would be greatly appreciated!!!
All contributions are tax-deductible
Giving Website: https://actintl.givingfuel.com/my-recovery-road
Checks Made Out To: My Recovery Road/ACT Intl
Mail Checks to: ACT Intl —P.O. Box 1649—-Brentwood, TN 37024